Today, we’ll be looking at some of the Best Battery Powered Equipment for your Lawn, more specifically, the “Best Battery operated” String Trimmer and Leaf Blower combo kits. This equipment is the #1 set of cordless tools that homeowners use most often around their yards. Let’s face it, lawn work is not always easy. Usually, it is too hot, or too windy, or any other reason you try to come up with to tell yourself that it’s perfectly fine to put it off for another couple of days. Thankfully, there are companies out there who put untold amounts of research and money and come up with the best lawn tools to make our job easier.
If you’ve been around tools before, then you have been around Dewalt products before. And you’ve been around Dewalt; then you know this is a company who takes lawn maintenance tools (and any other tools) seriously. This model is further proof of their dedication to making the perfect tool. This package gives you the DCST920P1 Brushless String Trimmer and the DCBL720B Brushless Handheld Blower.
The final combo on our list has proven to be an excellent set, and over the years people have raved about its ability to get the job done. That combo pack would be the Greenworks STBA40B210. This is a relatively inexpensive product, that doesn’t necessarily pack a lot of punch. But if you need a weed eater/ leaf blower combo set for a small to mid-sized lawn, then this one will definitely do the trick. The 40 Volt Lithium-Ion battery can power both the weed eater and the leaf blower for up to 45 minutes. That’s up to a half an acre of yard. The battery has an on-board battery life indicator for telling how much battery life you have left before another charge is needed. Battery charges in less than an hour.
There isn’t much to say about Black and Decker products. Other than, they always seem to come through when you need them the most. This is intriguing because it provides a quality weed eater (that turns into an edger), and a lightweight easy to use the sweeper.
What We’re Looking ForThere are literally dozens of different tools to help make your lawn immaculate. So why don’t we narrow down exactly what we mean by “lawn equipment” in today’s post? We are strictly focusing on combo packages that contain both Electric weed eaters, as well as Electric leaf blowers. If you aren’t willing to go through an entire article to find the best battery operated string trimmer/leaf blower combo that fits your needs, and would rather be fast-tracked to the best overall product, then check out the Dewalt DCK097M1 on Amazon. This combo set offers astounding power, is supremely durable, and ensures your day’s chores won’t take up your entire weekend.
Best Choices in 2018
|Brand and Model||Image||Rating (Click Star to See Reviews on Amazon)||Blower||String Trimmer||Power||Availibility and Price on Amazon|
|Dewalt DCK097M1 Combo||Yes||Yes||20 Volts||See the latest Price on the Dewalt DCK097M1|
|Greenworks Trimmer & Blower Combo||Yes||Yes||40 Volts||See the latest Price on the Greenworks Combo Set|
|Black & Decker LCC140 Combo||Yes||Yes||20 Volts||See the latest Price on the Black & Decker LCC140|
Best All Around: Dewalt DCK097M1 Trimmer Blower Combo
- Unmatched durability.
- High power for both units.
- Long battery life compared to other models.
- Premium performance comes at a premium price.
- 20 Volt battery may not be ideal for everyone.
String TrimmerWhen you are looking for weed eaters, you’re going to want something with a large enough reach, but is still easy to carry around the yard with no issues. This lightweight trimmer matches that description perfectly.
- Dual 0.080-inch feed line with ‘bump feed’ technology. This means you are always cutting at the tools maximum capacity, and never have to worry about extending more trimmer string. Just bump the tool on the ground, and the string automatically feeds out to the proper length.
- A variable trigger for speed control allows you to adjust the speed you want your tool to run at. This gives you the option to use max power or prolong the battery life.
- 20 Volt MAX 5-amp lithium ion battery
Handheld Leaf BlowerThis leaf blower is a perfect compliment to the weed eater that comes alongside it. It also uses a 20-volt battery and provides an impressive amount of wind speed when used at max performance. These are some of the features.
- Highly efficient and extraordinarily resilient.
- Axial fan design built to boost the maximum air output as well as the runtime
- Blows at 90 MPH
- Variable speed trigger and locking mechanism make your job easier than ever.
- Extremely lightweight
The VerdictThere isn’t much not to like about the Dewalt trimmer and leaf blower combo set. They clearly made sure they put two superior products in the box, and neither model is liable to let you down. However, this set isn’t cheap at all. In fact, I’d say it is on the too expensive side for many. But if you are looking to the best results money can buy in battery-powered lawn equipment, then this is by far, the best combination set for you.
Runner Up: Greenworks 40 Volt String Trimmer & Blower Combo Pack
- Great balance between price, power, and durability
- 40V Power
- 45 Minutes of run-time
- 45 Minutes of run-time may be short if you only have one battery.
- Only one battery is included.
- The 12-inch cutting path makes weed eating speedy and effortless
- Variable speed trigger allows the user to choose between maximum power or maximum battery life
- Utilizes 0.065 dual line trimmer line makes cutting through weeds simple
- Trimmer line feeds automatically
- 110 MPH of wind force blowing at 390 Cubic feet per minute
- Lightweight and ergonomically made for easy control
- Variable speed trigger to choose between max power vs. max battery life
- Cruise control lets you set the speed you want to blow without having to hold the trigger
The VerdictOverall this is an adequate trimmer/blower combination that can get the job done. Just not in record time. If you have a small yard, then you shouldn’t have a problem completing the job within the 45-minute battery life. That said, if you live in a house with a mid-size to large yard, then skip over this combo pack.
Does your lawn need aeration this season? Check out our article all about how to use a lawn aerator!
Bang for your Buck: Black and Decker LCC140 Trimmer and Sweeper Combo
- Feature packed at this price point.
- 20V Lithium-Ion battery.
- Less durable than other more premium units.
- Standard charger is included so it takes up to 2 hours to charge, but you can upgrade to the Quick Charger later.
- The blower is lower powered, lower velocity than other units on the market.
- A power drive transmission that offs a 20V MAX lithium ion battery
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver around delicate areas
- Automatic feed spool system feeds the trimmer line the moment it is needed. This happens automatically and doesn’t require a “bump” to release the line
- Transforms from a weed eater to edge trimmer in a matter of seconds
- This is a highly powered leaf blower that makes cleaning debris off of the driveway a breeze. It is easily the best part of this combo pack.
- Power command controls for adjustable speed, providing the ability to choose between longer run-time or maximum power.
- A featherweight device weighing less than 5 pounds
- Quiet operation (at least as quiet as a portable wind tunnel can be)
- Ergonomic handles and soft handle grips let you use this leaf sweeper comfortably for an extended amount of time