This Guide includes our Top Picks for the Best Cordless Combo Kit choices in 2023. These powerful tool kits include the most popular cordless power tools, lithium-ion batteries, chargers, and a tool bag.
If you’re building up your power tool supply – or have not yet invested in a combo power tool brand, check out what could be the best power tool set you will own.
Our research and testing feature a diverse price range of the Best Cordless Power Tool Kits from DeWalt, Milwaukee, Makita, Porter-Cable, and Ryobi. Each set of the most-often used power tools in one convenient discounted package.
What Is a Cordless Combo Tool Kit?
Most Multi-Piece Cordless Combo Tool Kits include: (2) Drills, (1) Circular Saw, (1) LED Flashlight, & (1) Reciprocating Saw; however, tools included in combo kits vary slightly by manufacturer. (Select the Combo Tool kit that Includes the power tools you use most often).
Best Cordless Combo Kits for 2023
Editors Pick: DeWalt DCK594P2 – 5 PC. 20 Volt Max Combo Kit
- 20-volt Max Lithium-Ion Battery System with Charger
- 1/4″ Drill/Driver with 3-Speed Transmission
- 1/4″ Impact Driver with 3-Speed Transmission & LED ring light
- 6 1/2″ Circular Saw with a powerful 3700 RPM motor
- Reciprocating Saw
- Oscillating Tool (multi-tools)
- Reciprocating Saw with keyless blade clamp for super fast removal
- 2 – 20V Lithium-Ion Batteries with 2.0 Ah storage and 3 – Year Battery Warranty
- Tool Carry Bag
- 3-Year Parts Warranty Battery & Tool – 1-Year Service Warranty – 90-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Premium Price for the DeWalt brand, warranty, and commitment
DeWalt 20 Volt Max Tool System (Video):
Our TakeThe results are in; we love this DeWalt 5-Piece battery-powered tool set with brushless motors. Sure, it is an expensive investment due to its use of brushless motors vs. brushed motors in the competitors listed below. DeWalt is the Premium Upgrade in this combo multi-kit review.
DeWalt 5-Piece Combo Power Tool Kit
Runner Up: Makita XT505 – 5 Pc. Combo Kit
- Variable 2-Speed ½” hammer drill (600 rpm and 1900 rpm)
- Variable speed ¼” impact driver (2900 rpm and 3500 rpm)
- Reciprocating Saw (2800 strokes per minute)
- 2 LXT – 18 Volt Lithium-Ion Batteries with Charger
- 6-½” circular saw
- 4-position LED flashlight
- Contractor Carry Bag
- Each of these tools operates at breakneck speeds and generates more power than you would have thought cordless tools could generate
- It comes with all of the most needed tools
- The flashlight battery lasts an entire workday (7.5 hours) on just one charge
- Lightweight enough to carry with you anywhere
- Makita also makes the best tool bags around – and this comes with one of those fabulous bags
- It comes with two 18-volt lithium-ion batteries and a charger
- 3 Year manufacturers warranty on the batteries and tools
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 18 Volt is a Shorter battery life than competitors.
- An LED Lamp would be better for battery life.
- Non-Brushless Motor Tools
Our TakeThere is nothing quite like having speed and power at your fingertips – and Makita provides just that. It’s what makes video games so fun. The first thing anybody notices when using these tools is the speed and battery power they generate.
Runner Up – Makita Combo Kit
Premium Brand: Milwaukee 4-Piece M18 Combo KitIf you know tools, then you probably are familiar with Milwaukee tools. They’ve been around since the end of the first world war when Henry Ford commissioned help from the company’s founder. And ever since that day, they’ve been making the grade “A” tools. So why is it our sleeper “Premium” pick?
Milwaukee M18 (18V) Cordless Tool System (Video)
Cordless Multi-Tool Kit Includes:
- All Non-Brushless Motor Tools
- One each: M18 cordless drill/driver with 550-inch-pound torque and up to 1700 RPM speed.
- One: M18 reciprocating saw with the Milwaukee patented gear-protecting clutch and counterbalance mechanism
- One: M18 ¼” impact gun with 1400 inch-pounds of torque
- M18 LED work light with foldaway hooks
- Two 18V lithium-ion batteries with battery charger
- The contractor Tool bag is included
- 18-volt RED LITHIUM extended power batteries – last for several hours and have indicators letting you know when it is nearly time to recharge them
- It has an all-metal chuck on the ½” hammer drill
- The flashlight illuminates your workspace and eliminates shadows
- Compact tools that let you work in tight spaces with ease
- 3-year battery warranty and a 5-year warranty on the tools themselves
- Non-Brushless Motors
- No circular saw included
- An LED Lamp would be better for battery life.
Our TakeAll in all, this is a quality kit that gets most jobs done with ease. Of course, if you need a circular saw, you may want to skip this set. At the very least, you’ll have to buy one separately. But where this kit shines is in its sheer power.
Milwaukee 4 Piece Combo kit
Best Value: 6-Piece Porter Cable – PCCK61726 – 20V System
- Reliability: tools backed by a 3-year limited warranty
- INCLUDES: Drill Driver, Hammer Drill, Circular Saw, Reciprocating Saw, LED Flashlight, Oscillating Tool, (2) 18V MAX*Lithium-Ion Batteries, (one- 1.5Ah and one- 4.0Ah), one- PCC699L Charger
- Part of the Porter-Cable 20V max* system: battery works with all Porter-Cable 20V max* lithium-ion products
- Includes Soft side Kit Bag
- Great set for DIY homeowners but maybe a bit light duty for pros
- Kit Doesn’t have the Brushless motors of more expensive brands
6 Piece Combo Kit from Porter-Cable
Ryobi: 8-Piece “18 Volt” Cordless Multi-Tool Kit
- Kit includes (2) 18V Lithium-Ion Compact 1.3 Ah Slide Type batteries for less weight in a more compact size than traditional batteries.
- 18V Lithium-Ion Impact Driver that weighs only 3.1 lbs yet still delivers 1,280 in/lbs of driving torque for heavier applications.
- Reciprocating Saw
- Circular Saw
- 18V Lithium-Ion LED Flashlight for high visibility in a free-standing design for convenience
- A quick battery charger, Phillips #2 Driver bit, and Carrying bag
- Covered by Ryobi’s 3-Year tool warranty and 90-day exchange warranty.
- Less powerful battery life at only 1.3 Ah
- Tools are NOT brushless motors.
Ryobi 8 Piece Combination Tool kit
FAQ – Cordless Combo Kit Guide
What Tools are included in Cordless Combo Tool Kits?
Most Power tool Brands include a Drill/Driver, Hammer Drill, Reciprocating Saw, Circular Saw, and an LED Flashlight, along with Lithium Ion Batteries, a Battery Charger, and a Carry Bag in their Cordless Combo Kits.
Cheaper to Buy a Battery Powered Tool Kit than Individual Tools?
The answer is a resounding YES. Battery Powered Multi-Tool Kits, while a sizeable investment, are discounted between 15-20% over buying each tool individually. In addition, most manufacturers include a convenient Carry Bag as a bonus.
What Brand of Cordless Combo Tools Do Contractors Use?
DeWalt is the #1 brand of cordless (battery-powered) tools worldwide. Besides making 100s of different devices, DeWalt also manufactures one of the best cordless lawn tool brands.
The Battery systems for DeWalt power tools and Yard Tools are fully interchangeable.
ConclusionCordless power tool brands have significantly improved their Battery Powered platform and the Type of Tools Offered in their Multi PowerTool Kits.
- Hand and Power Tool Safety – UnivCaliforniaDavis.edu
- Are you a contractor? Read about our favorite cordless power tools for contractors here!
- Do you need to cut a tree stump in your yard? Read about how to do it safely!
- The Best Self-Propelled Mower you can buy – Besthomegear.com.