Are you looking for the Best Cordless Drill Combo Kits in 2023? Today, we line up The 5 Best Cordless Drill Combo Kit Brands on the market and compare the Pros & Cons available in each Drill Combo Kit.
For most homeowners, gone are the days of the electric corded power tool, and the Cordless drill combo kit, with a standard Drill/Driver and Hammer drill, fills the top spot in the cordless tool brand line-up.
Each tool is essential to professionals and everyday DIY homeowners.
In this Buyers Guide for the best cordless drill kit, we help narrow your selection down to the cordless power tool brand and the best Battery Drill Combo for your needs and budget.
What is a “Cordless Drill Combo Kit?
A cordless drill combo kit includes one Drill/Driver and one Hammer Drill, and accessories* typically including Lithium-Ion Batteries, a Battery Charger, and Tool Bag.
*Accessories vary between manufacturers, with higher-priced brands offering higher Voltage and longer-lasting Lithium battery storage (Ah – Amp Hours).
What is the Best Cordless Drill Combo Kit to Buy?
If you don’t have time to read the full article and need the low down on who offers the best Drill and Impact Drill Set, we’ll immediately give you our favorite brand.
We believe the Best Brand of Cordless Drills Sold as a Combo Set (Drill + Impact Drill) is from DeWalt.
DeWalt has long been known as one of the top brands for tools in general. But their real specialty is in the power tool space. Cordless drills, to be specific. Their devices offer many outstanding battery and power options, depending on your budget.
The 5 Best Cordless Drill Combo Kits
(Drill/Driver + Hammer Drill )
Editor’s Choice: DEWALT – DCK287D1M1 – 20V MAX
- Two 1/2″ Drive Tools – One Drill/Driver + One Hammer Drill
- Both Feature two-speed transmission
- 3-Year Warranty Battery & Tools, 1-Year Service, 90-day Money-Back Guarantee
- 20V Brushless motor. Brushless has 57% more run time than non-brushed motors
- 1/2″ single sleeve ratcheting chuck provides tight bit gripping strength
- One-handed loading 1/4″ hex chuck
- Compact design fits into tight areas
- Includes (2) BATTERIES: 2.0 and 4.0 amp hour sizes – With Charger
- 3 LED light ring with a 20-second delay to provide visibility without a shadow
- Contractor Bag + 2 Toolbelt clips
DeWalt Brand History of Performance
Dewalt is a brand that has existed since 1924, making it nearly a century old and one of the longest-lasting and most trusted brands. But the first DeWalt machine was made in 1922 when Raymond DeWalt decided to make a woodworking machine that could increase productivity and versatility.
This was the birth of one of today’s most popular tool brands.
Regarding cordless electric power tools; well, DeWalt has been mass-producing these since 1992. These guys have pioneered the tool market since Mr. DeWalt made his first woodworking machine.
And suppose you’ve used their products recently. In that case, you already know that they are still at the forefront of innovation, as evidenced by the market’s most popular Cordless Combo Set.
Besides being one of the leading pioneers in electric corded power tools, DeWalt is also making noise in other ways. They invented the 12-Volt Max lithium-ion battery system, which all but sealed the deal for them is among the most powerful cordless power tools out there.
DeWalt’s battery life now includes up to 60-volt power in battery-operated tools, keeping DeWalt in front as the leader in power tools.
A year after, they introduced the 20-volt max system, raising the battery life and motor power even further.
With multiple decades of power tool experience, DeWalt has never allowed itself to rest on its laurels. Striving to make your job easier and cord-free, they continue developing tools to get the job done better than the last.
To Top it all off – The DeWalt Tool Warranty is the best in the business.
Runner Up: Craftsman 20V Max “Brushless” Drill Kit
- Two Tools – 1/2″ Drive Drill Driver + Hammer Drill
- 2-speed transmission to choose the power
- Two V20 – 20 Volt Lithium Ion Batteries with Charger Included
- Ergonomic design is compact and easy to manage during use
- A lightweight tool barely weighing 5 pounds (with the battery)
- The 3-year warranty comes with the purchase of any Craftsman power tool.
- The battery has an integrated LED charge level indicator
- Includes Soft-side storage bag
- A brushless motor is a longer-lasting tool that runs more efficiently than standard non-brushed motors.
CONS: Not as powerful torque as the DeWalt drill set
This CRAFTSMAN V20 20V max* 2-tool Combo kit provides an excellent solution for your drilling and fastening needs. The 2-speed drill driver has a 1/2 in. Ratcheting chuck to fit a variety of drill bits for different applications.
The Craftsman set gives you the power needed to complete your heavy-duty tasks.
In addition, the 1/4 in. Impact driver offers a maximum torque rating of 1,500 lbs for driving large fasteners. The one-handed bit insert makes bit changes quickly and easily.
Both cordless drills are lightweight, compact, and have comfortable over-molded grips for reduced user fatigue.
The Craftsman 2-tool Combo kit comes with soft storage back for transporting or storing the products, batteries, battery charger, and any additional drill bit sets or accessories.
Craftsmen are firmly set up to be one of the “most affordable tool brands” for homeowners and contractors alike, and for Craftsman to offer a Combo Drill Kit with Brushless Motors – at this price – is an incredible value.
Ever since (the now-defunct) Sears Company introduced Craftsman tools, they have long been one of the most sought-after and dependable tool lines you can invest in.
With new ownership since 2017 from The Black + Decker Company, The Craftsman brand is pouring more money and innovation into a stellar brand.
Milwaukee: 20 Volt 2897-22 M18 Combo Kit
- The hammer drill Powerstat brushless motor provides 1200 inch-pounds of torque with up to 2000 rpm, giving you the fastest drilling speeds in its class
- Impact driver drill with Power state brushless motor has an unrivaled 1800 inch-pounds of torque
- It comes with two belt clips, 2-bit holders, and a hard protective case
- Two red lithium-ion batteries with 5.0 Ah battery storage offer peak performance and extended battery life on short charging times
- Includes Battery Charger
- The hammer drill chuck has had a few issues with Grip
- Expensive Price for just two tools.
This combo drill kit from Milwaukee comes in as a “very close second” to the other Premium Brand in our review – Makita.
The Milwaukee combo includes the two essential tools for completing household work. The hammer drill and a ¼” inch impact drill driver gun. Regardless of the job (as long as nothing needs to be cut), these two jobs will be able to get it done for you.
Every day more and more people get their hands on this hammer drill and impact gun combo, quickly becoming one of the most universally loved combos.
Milwaukee is one of the heavy hitters in the cordless power tool space, so it shouldn’t surprise anybody that this drill driver combo is near the top of our list.
The only issue folks have had with this drill set is the hammer drill chuck not holding onto ¼” drill bits as well as it should. We believe Milwaukee remedied this issue in 2021; this could be the best drill set to consider.
Milwaukee Tool History
In the last 10 to 15 years, Milwaukee has become known as one of the best (power) tool companies. People’s love for these tools can be attributed to their power, durability, and lightweight design.
Milwaukee is a company founded by a Wisconsin manufacturer name A.H. Peterson. He began working on a lightweight, compact, portable, and compact drill to replace the giant ¼” impact guns used in the early 1900s at the behest of Henry Ford.
The result? An impact gun weighed only 5 pounds and was the first-ever drill that could be used with only one hand.
Since A.H. Peterson made this innovative leap, Milwaukee has been trying to one-up itself with newer and even more innovative products. And they outdo themselves at nearly every turn.
Premium Pick: Makita CT322W – 18V LXT – 3 Pc. Cordless Set
- Mechanical 2-speed transmission gives the operator the power to choose the power
- Ergonomic design is compact and easy to manage during use
- A lightweight tool barely weighing 5 pounds (that is with the battery)
- Includes Flashlight
- 18-volt lithium-ion battery provides sufficient power and has battery life aplenty
- The three-year warranty comes with the purchase of any Makita product
- The battery has an integrated LED charge level indicator
- Brushless motor for a longer-lasting tool that runs more efficiently than standard motors.
CONS: Only18 Volts and 1.5Ah of Power vs. 20 Volts for the Dewalt Brand
This hammer drill is more than just a bit useful. It’s got all the power you’ll ever need! With all-metal gears and an aluminum housing, the quality built-in will ensure this stays in your arsenal for years to come.
This brand has a tremendous 3-Year warranty which is expected with such a solid, well-respected brand like Makita.
Many users agree on what a much more powerful tool the CT322W delivers. Oh, and for added value, Makita Includes a rechargeable LED flashlight with this outstanding Kit.
Makita drills are strong, durable, and hold onto drill bits for dear life. Getting any Makita tool will be a massive boost to your efficiency. That goes double for this brushless motor hammer drill. Power and efficiency are at your fingertips. All you’ve got to do is find something that needs fixin’.
This Japanese tool manufacturer is easily one of my favorite producers of cordless power tools. Makita always delivers from the colorful scene to the overall build of their tools.
These guys were among the first on the scene when cordless power tools began taking hold in the market. And their ever-evolving line of tools shows how dedicated they are to ensuring you have all the power you can ask for when you pick up these tools.
More than a century later, Makita still has its hands firmly grasped in portable power tools. These guys supply the world with highly innovative tools that pack more quality in a power tool than you could ever expect from something so small.
And their LXT series battery tools with brushless motors confirm they have everything you need.
Best Value: Porter Cable – PCCK602L2 – 20V MAX
- DRILL/DRIVER: The PCC600 features 330 Units of Watts Out (UWO), a 2-speed gearbox (0-400/0-1,600), a compact design, and a 1/2″ Drive.
- IMPACT DRIVER: The PCC640 features 1,495 in/lbs of max torque, 0-2,900 RPM, 0-3,100 BPM, compact design, and a 1-handed easy load 1/4″ hex chuck
- BATTERY GAUGE: Both tools have a gauge that displays the remaining charge in the battery
- INCLUDES: PCC600 Drill/Driver, PCC640 Impact Driver, (2) PCC680 20V MAX* lithium Ion 1.5Ah Batteries, PCC699L Charger, USB charging device, and Bag.
- PART OF THE PORTER-CABLE 20V SYSTEM: Battery works with all Porter-Cable 20V MAX* lithium-ion products
- Crazy low price for a completed 20V system. Period.
- Lithium-ion batteries are 1.5Ah vs. 3.0 or 4.0 Ah (storage) of expensive brands
- Good News- They include (2) batteries – To keep one backup battery charged.
- It doesn’t have the Brushless motor of more expensive brands.
FAQ – Cordless Drill Combos
Who Makes the Best Cordless Drill Kits?
There are many drill combo kits to buy, but based on Quality, Durability, and Price, the Best Cordless Drill Kits are:
Editor’s Pick: DeWalt 20 Volt Max
Runner Up: Craftsman 20V- V20
Best Upgrade: Makita 18V LXT
Also Great: Milwaukee 20 Volt – M18
Best Value: Porter-Cable 20 Volt System
What Tools are included in a Drill Combo Kit?
Typically Power tool Brands include a Drill/Driver and Hammer Drill, Lithium Ion Batteries, a Battery Charger, and a Carry Bag in their Battery Powered Drill Combo.
Is it cheaper to buy a Cordless Drill Combo Kit than Individual Tools?
Buying a Cordless (Battery Powered) Drill Combo Set vs. Individual tools is less expensive, with an average savings of 15-20% when considering all you get in a combo kit.
With a drill combo package, you also get (2) lithium-ion batteries and a handy tool bag that easily holds two drills, batteries, a battery charger, and drill bits.
Cordless Drill Brands have made huge improvements in the last few years, thanks in part to the innovation of the Lithium-ion battery, which is more powerful and lasts much longer than its predecessors.
If you’re a contractor or an active DIY Homeowner, tools are your livelihood or, at the very least, essential for your home’s maintenance.
Most people no longer want to be attached to electrical cords or pneumatic air tools on the job. It is time to embrace freedom and join the cordless revolution.
Hopefully, this cordless tool buyers’ guide has pointed out the pros and cons of each power tool brand and given you some positive direction – on which tool brand to invest in.
Thanks for Visiting Besthomegear.com, and don’t forget to comment below. Let us know if you have any suggestions or ideas for other tools we could review. We welcome your suggestions!
Additional Reading & References
- Hand and Power Tool Safety – UnivCaliforniaDavis.edu
- Looking for the Best Gas Self-Propelled Mower? – Besthomegear.com
- Are you a contractor? Read about our favorite cordless power tools for contractors here!
- Do you need to cut a tree stump in your yard? Read here!
- The Best Self-Propelled Mower you can buy – Besthomegear.com.