If you’re looking for the Best Cordless Leaf Blowers In 2019 – Along with Updated Reviews & Buying Guides – you’ve definitely come to the right place.
If you’ve never owned or tried a Battery Powered leaf blower like the ever-popular EGO Blower and that’s ok, many homeowners stay loyal to traditional gas/oil leaf blowers thinking they are the only effective way to blow leaves.
However, If your interested in what new technology has accomplished in cordless leaf blowers…..read on!
We’ve gathered all of the top manufacturer’s specs, countless real-user reviews, and extensive test results, and put together a list of the very best rechargeable leaf blower reviews on the market.
In a hurry? Check out the EGO Blower. This Leaf-blaster is extraordinarily powerful, and it comes with all of the bells and whistles you could possibly ever need in a blower.
What’s the Best Leaf Blower to buy in 2019?
|EDITOR’S CHOICE||RUNNER UP||BEST VALUE|
|EGO 110 MPH 530 CFM Variable-Speed Turbo 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Electric Blower w/2.5Ah Battery and Charger Included||WORX WG591 Turbine 56V Cordless Battery-Powered Leaf Blower with Brushless Motor & Turbo Boost||Greenworks 40V 110 MPH - 390 CFM Cordless Jet Blower, 2.0 AH Battery Included 2400802|
|SEE ON AMAZON||SEE ON AMAZON||SEE ON AMAZON|
- 56 Volt – 2.5 Ah battery is compatible with all EGO POWER+ products
- 50 min. charge time. 40 min. less than our runner-up from WORX
- Turbine fan engineered with efficient brushless motor
- Performs better than most premium Gas-powered models
- Includes compact-capacity battery and charger
- Variable speed
- Excellent Warranty
- High CFM
- Turbo option
- Super high 530 CFM
- Doesn’t have cruise-control option
- Handle seam can irritate grip
If you need incredible power and a highly dependable runtime, the EGO Power+ blower will leave you more than satisfied with your purchase. Sure, the initial price of the investment is a bit higher than some of the competition, but this blower is one of those purchases you’ll be glad you made – when you’re still using the same machine 5 years later.
- Turbine fan provides forceful, and high-capacity volume
- Variable speed control with a turbo boost located perfectly for maximum ergonomics
- 56-volt max lithium battery
- Weighs only 8 pounds
- Takes 90 mins to fully charge the battery
- Overcharging the battery can damage it and hurt battery life
- Some users have experienced short battery life
I’ve come to love pretty much anything that Worx puts together and the WORX Blower is no exception! Their lawn care equipment is always top-notch, and the Turbine 56 Volt Blower is definitely another excellent product in a long line of great products. The WG591 WORX Blower, while not as powerful as the EGO model above, still delivers an impressive 225- 465 CFM (cubic feet per minute) of Air Flow.
Reviews on this WORX blower model reference the battery and possible improvements. Comments include; It takes a little too long to charge and if you overcharge it the 2-year warranty is voided. Thankfully you can easily purchase a backup battery so you don’t wait for anything, ever, and the leaf blower itself is A+.
- Brushless Motor maximizing motor efficiency and durability
- Innovative axial fan design that maximizes air output and run time
- 400 CFM and 90 MPH performance
- Variable trigger and speed lock. Lightweight and ergonomic design maximizes control and minimizes stress on your arm
- Includes 20V MAX 5.0Ah XR Lithium-Ion Battery, along with a charger
- 9.5 lbs is the heavier side of cordless blowers
- Overcharging the battery can damage battery and longevity.
- Higher Price – In this category – but it is a Dewalt.
The Dewalt is a heavier blower with its 5.0ah battery (double cell storage) but if the weight isn’t an issue this is one of the longest-running leaf blowers we’ve reviewed.
Dewalt is perhaps the best overall Tool brand in the world, and they carry that quality here with this exceptional Leaf Blower. With it’s 5.0ah battery vs. 2.0ah of others, the charge time is longer up to 75 min. but the runtime is substantially longer because it has more than double the cells for storage.
- Powerful 40-volt lithium ion rechargeable battery delivers the power with long run-time to complete the toughest jobs. One of Amazon’s best selling Leaf Blowers!
- Power Command controls speed for maximum run-time or maximum power. Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 40V. Nominal voltage is 36
- Ideal for blowing debris from hard surfaces like patios, decks, walkways, driveways, and garages
- Blow tube with built-in scraper allows users to loosen matted leaves and stuck-on debris
- Soft grip handle; lightweight at just 4.7 pounds
- Great Leaf Vacuum option
- Less power than more expensive models
- The handle is less ergonomic than others
The Black & Decker leaf blower is one of the best value blowers on the market. And while it may not have all the features of more expensive blowers, it does deliver just where most folks are looking. Which besides being the inexpensive cost, it also includes higher than expected power from its very surprising 120 mph airspeed, and Top performing 40V Lithium-Ion battery and charger (included). With battery charge time at approximately 1 hour, you will be up and running in no time flat.
The Best Black & Decker battery operated leaf blower in our opinion is the LSW36 Sweeper with its soft grip, lightweight (4.7 lb) use, great performance, and the very economical cost is a no-brainer, at this price. If you’re looking for a small cordless leaf blower to keep your yard leaf-free on a budget – then check out this model.
- G Max 40v Lithium-Ion Battery for longer run time
- Variable speed “dial” with up to 110 mph speed
- Lightweight design at only 3.5 lbs!
- 2 piece tube with an extension for longer reach (gutters)
- Takes 60 mins to fully charge the battery.
- Recommended for Lighter duty use vs. over more expensive leaf blowers
Greenworks brand is synonymous with Great Cordless lawn tools, and this leaf blower is just another fine example of great engineering at a very competitive price.
The Greenworks 40v Leaf Blower is one of the best selling units on Amazon, and based on the Cost vs. Value this great little leaf blower delivers. This blower is packed with features of higher-priced Leaf-Moving blowers, and the battery is interchangeable with one of the most extensive lines of cordless equipment on the market.
Why Is Battery Powered Better Than Gas Powered Blower?
Going cordless vs. gas leaf blowers is the preferred direction for most homeowners these days. Just think of it; Cordless use allows you to go anywhere. Cordless surround sound systems, phones, wireless controllers for the video games, heck we’ve even removed the cords from most of our headphones. So wouldn’t it stand to reason we would want our lawn tools cordless as well?
1) Freedom of Movement
Who likes being tethered to the wall, or anything else for that matter? I sure don’t, and I’d venture to guess that you don’t either. This rings especially true when you are trying to get your yard work done.
Having to worry about where you are going to plug in the cord or how much slack you have left in the cord is for the birds. Not to mention how often the cord will get lost under the pile of leaves you just meticulously put together. Now you’ve to fish the cord out and ruin the perfect leaf pile the kids and dog were so anxious to jump into.
Of course, a cordless blower gets rid of all that completely.
2) No Fuel
It’s true, gas leaf blowers are cordless too. Well, except for the pull cord you have to yank every time you need to start up the machine. But unlike gas blowers, cordless leaf blowers require zero fuel. Not only are you not having to pay for gas, but you also don’t have to make extra trips to the station.
3) Quieter Operation
Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a quiet cordless leaf blower, but because of an inherent smaller HP rating most cordless blowers are quieter than gas blowers. What this means for you is not having to scream over the sound of a two-stroke or four-stroke motors, and not affecting neighbors peace and quiet as much.
While not being considered weightless, at 4-7 lbs. Cordless leaf blowers are Infinity lighter than their 2-stroke and 4-stroke gas counterparts. I mean by a long shot – try 17 lbs. on average for a gas blower. Much heavier for the gas blower backpack versions. Personally, yard work can be a lot of well, work, and lighter equipment can make a huge difference at the end of your workday.
5) No Harmful Fumes
Breathing easy is something that we often take for granted, that is until you have to breathe the exhaust fumes delivered by gas blowers. You can wear a mask, however on a hot day that probably isn’t your first choice.
Considerations Before going “Cordless”
Here are a few Key Features to consider when choosing a Cordless Leaf Blower over a Gas or Electric cord Blower.
Perhaps you are a professional landscaper, or thinking about getting into the landscaping business. As you probably know, for mere longevity of run time alone, 4-stroke motors are usually considered best, if you need it to last all day/week/month and need maximum power.
And while that is true, it is on also a fact that Cordless tools are more dependable (no Gas, oil, spark plugs, pull cords, etc.) for smaller less demanding jobs. That’s where a backup Cordless blower for professionals is a great backup when that 4-stroke won’t start!
Large Yards for Homeowners
Battery life for cordless equipment with the use of Lithium-Ion batteries has improved Run-Time dramatically. You can now power up and do nearly any normal size yard on one battery. Of course, it’s a good idea to own a backup battery – fully charged and waiting to go when needed, especially if you have more than one power tool from the same manufacturer.
Best Battery Powered Yard Tool Combo Kits
Looking for a combination Battery Powered Leaf Blower and String Trimmer Combo Kit. These sets, which are produced by the best manufacturers in the industry, combine both tools into one purchase price – and include Interchangeable batteries that power both pieces of equipment.
There is nothing like having an immaculate lawn. It makes barbecuing better, it makes sitting on the patio better, and it just gives your home a sense of awesomeness. Having a great lawn requires keeping the leaves (or anything else for that matter) from cluttering the yard, and the best way to do that is with a battery-operated cordless leaf blower.
If you have the budget for it and are interested in entering into the very best battery-powered tool line-up, we recommend the EGO leaf blower. However, if you’re looking to save some money and want to equip your home with more affordable product lines, the WORX, Greenworks, and Black & Decker are less expensive and very Proven pieces of cordless equipment as well.
Review for the 10 Best Gas Fire Pit Tables to take the “chill” off your Patio space.
- How Long Does Grass Take To Fully Grow?
- How To Tell If a Spark Plug is Bad With These Simple Steps
- Check out our top-rated leaf blower techniques
- Learn how to connect rain barrels in this article here!
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!