Your here because you want to find the best brands for cordless power tools. In most cases that means you’re looking for the most popular battery operated-cordless power tools on market – The cordless power drill and cordless hammer drill – fill that Top spot and both are essential to homeowners everywhere. These are the most often used, and important power tools around the home and on job sites – for work on the toughest jobs, and hold the lion’s share of all cordless power tool sales. So with that in mind, we’re here to help you narrow that search down and find the best cordless power and hammer drill sets available.
We know that you don’t always have the time to read full articles, and you just need the low down so you can get on your way as soon as possible. For those of you in that camp, we’ll go ahead and give you are favorite brand right away. That brand is widely known as being incredible.
We are talking about DeWalt!
Dewalt has long been known as one of the top brands for tools in general. But their real specialty is in the power tool space. Cordless power tools to be specific. They have outstanding battery life, and the power to back that up.
|Brand and Model||Rating (See Amazon Reviews)||Power||Price and Availability on Amazon|
|DEWALT DCK287D1M1||20 Volts||See the latest Price on the DEWALT DCK287D1M1|
|Makita XRH06RBX||18 Volts||See the latest Price on the Makita XRH06RBX|
|Milwaukee 2897-22||18 Volts||See the latest Price on the Milwaukee 2897-22|
Note: Knowing our favorite tool brand is good, but that doesn’t mean you have all the answers you are looking for. There is a lot that goes into being a great brand, and if you are interested in detailed analysis of tool brands — continue reading.
Let’s check out some of the best tool brands.
Best Choices in 2019
Editor’s Choice: DEWALT DCK287D1M1
- Features two speed transmission
- 20V Brushless motor. Brushless has 57% more run time over brushed
- 1/2″ single sleeve ratcheting chuck provides tight bit gripping strength
- One-handed loading 1/4″ hex chuck accepts 1″ bit tips
- Compact design fits into tight areas
- 3 LED light ring with a 20-second delay to provide visibility without a shadow
- Premium price.
Dewalt is a brand that has been in existence since 1924, making it nearly a century old, and one of the longest lasting, and most trusted brands out there. But the first DeWalt machine was made in 1922; when Raymond DeWalt decided to make a woodworking machine that could increase productivity and versatility. This was the birth of one of the most storied tool brands of today.
Regarding cordless electric power tools; well, DeWalt has been mass producing these since 1992. The point is, these guys have pioneered the tool market since the day Mr. DeWalt made his first woodworking machine. And if you’ve used their products recently, then you already know that they are still at the forefront of innovation.
Outside of being one of the leading pioneers in electric power tools, DeWalt has is making noise in other ways as well. They invented the 12-Volt Max lithium-ion battery system, that all but sealed the deal for them being among the most powerful cordless power tools out there. The battery life is no slouch either.
Not more than a year after that, they introduced the 20-volt max system, ratcheting up the battery life and motor power once again.
With multiples of decades of power tool experience, DeWalt has never allowed itself to rest on its laurels. Striving to make your job easier, and cord-free they continue to develop tools that get the job done better than the last. These guys even have an insight community that takes feedback from their customers to find new areas they can improve their products.
Runner Up: Makita XPH03MB 18V LXT
- Mechanical 2-speed transmission gives the operator the power to choose the power
- Ergonomic design is compact and easy to manage during use
- A lightweight tool barely weighing 5 pounds (that is with the battery)
- 18-volt lithium ion battery provides sufficient power and has battery life aplenty
- Three-year warranty comes with the purchase of any Makita product
- The battery has an integrated LED charge level indicator
- Brushless motor for a longer lasting tool that runs infinitely more efficient than standard motors
- The design and color scheme is amazing
- 18 Volts vs 20 Volts for the Dewalt
- The hammer drill model is different than the current, latest model that Makita has on the market.
This hammer drill is more than a little bit useful, it’s got all of the power you’ll need, and the all metal gears with aluminum housing ensures that you’ll have this in your arsenal for years to come.
It has a great warranty which is expected with a solid, well-respected brand like Makita.
Many of the users spoke about how much more powerful the XPH03MB is than its predecessors. And the fact that they are able to do that in a much smaller package is further proof than Makita is always in the driver seat when it comes to innovation.
Makita drills are strong, durable, and hold onto drill bits for dear life. Getting any Makita tool is going to be a huge boost to your efficiency. That goes double for this brushless motor hammer drill. Power and efficiency are at your fingertips, all you’ve got to do is find something that needs fixin’.
This Japanese tool manufacturer is easily one of my favorite producers of cordless power tools. From the colorful scene to the overall build of their tools, Makita always delivers.
These guys were one of the first on the scene when cordless power tools began to take hold in the market. And their ever-evolving line of tools shows just how dedicated they are to making sure that when you pick up these tools, you have all the power you could possibly ask for.
More than a century later Makita still has its hands firmly grasped in portable power tools. These guys supply the world with highly innovative tools that pack more quality in a power tool than you could ever expect from something so small. And their LXT series tools with brushless motors all but confirm that these guys have everything you need.
Milwaukee 2897-22 M18 Combo Kit
- The hammer drill Powerstat brushless motor provides 1200 inch-pounds of torque with up to 2000 rpm, giving you the fastest drilling speeds in its class
- Impact driver’s Powerstate brushless motor has an unrivaled 1800 inch-pounds of torque
- Comes with two belt clips, 2-bit holders, and a hard protective case
- Redlithium battery is 5.0 Ah giving peak performance and extended battery life on short charge times
- The hammer drill chuck doesn’t seem to hold ¼” drill bits well.
- Expensive for just two tools.
This kit from Milwaukee comes with the two most essential tools for getting household work done. The hammer drill and a ¼” inch impact gun. Regardless of the job (as long as nothing needs to be cut) these two jobs will be able to get it done for you.
Every day more and more people get their hands on this hammer drill and impact gun combo, making it quickly become one of the most universally loved combo’s there is.
Milwaukee is one of the heavy hitters in the cordless power tool space, which is why it shouldn’t come as a surprise to anybody that this is an excellent toolset. The only issue that folks seem to have with it is the hammer drill not holding on to ¼” drill bits. If Milwaukee rectifies this issue, then it would be ranked even higher than it already is.
Milwaukee is one of the super heavyweights in the cordless power tool world today. The last 10 to 15 years they, have become largely known as one of the best, and most powerful (power) tools on the market. The love people have for these tools can be attributed to the combination of their power and incredibly lightweight design.
Milwaukee is a company founded by a Wisconsin manufacturer name A.H. Peterson. He began working on a lightweight drill that was compact and portable enough to replace the giant ¼” impact guns that were being used in the early 1900’s at the behest of none other than; Henry Ford. The result? An impact gun that weighed only 5 pounds, and was the first ever drill that could be used with only one hand.
Ever since A.H. Peterson made this innovated leap, Milwaukee has been trying to one-up itself with newer, and even more innovative products. And they outdo themselves at nearly every turn.
Wrap – Up
Cordless power tools have made huge improvements over the years thanks to innovations in the modern battery.
If you’ve been waiting for companies to get the electric power tool down pact before you sprung for them; well, you weren’t in the wrong.
But guess what, it’s now time to spring for one.
- Click here for 30 tips on hand and power tool safety!
- Want to learn more about power tools? Check out this article here!
- Are you a contractor? Read about our favorite cordless power tools for contractors here!
- Do you need to cut a tree stump in your yard? Read about how to do it here!