Are you looking to find the Best Cordless Drill Kits For 2019? If so, you’ve come to the right place – Today we line up the Best Cordless Power tool brands and compare the best Power Drills and Hammer Drills head to head all to determine which brand is #1.
The cordless power drill and cordless hammer drill set – fill a top spot in the cordless tool line-up and both are essential to professionals as well as the everyday DIY Homeowner. So with that in mind, we’re here to help you narrow that search down and find the best cordless power and hammer drill sets available.
We know that you don’t always have the time to read full articles, and you just need the low down so you can get on your way as soon as possible. For those of you in that camp, we’ll go ahead and give you are favorite brand right away.
We are talking about DeWalt!
DeWalt has long been known as one of the top brands for tools in general. But their real specialty is in the power tool space. Cordless drill kits to be specific. They have outstanding battery life, and the power to back that up.
|Editor’s Choice||Runner Up||Best Value|
|DEWALT 20V MAX Cordless Drill Combo Kit, 2-Tool (DCK287D1M1)||Makita CT322W 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Compact Cordless 3-Pc. Combo Kit||PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Cordless Drill Combo Kit, 2-Tool (PCCK602L2)|
|Price not available||$201.94||$155.48|
|SEE ON AMAZON||SEE ON AMAZON||SEE ON AMAZON|
Let’s Check Out The Best Cordless Drill Kits You Can Buy
Best Choices in 2019
- Features two-speed transmission
- 20V Brushless motor. Brushless has 57% more run time over brushed
- 1/2″ single sleeve ratcheting chuck provides tight bit gripping strength
- One-handed loading 1/4″ hex chuck accepts 1″ bit tips
- Compact design fits into tight areas
- 3 LED light ring with a 20-second delay to provide visibility without a shadow
- Premium price.
Dewalt is a brand that has been in existence since 1924, making it nearly a century old, and one of the longest-lasting, and most trusted brands out there. But the first DeWalt machine was made in 1922; when Raymond DeWalt decided to make a woodworking machine that could increase productivity and versatility. This was the birth of one of the most storied tool brands of today.
Regarding cordless electric power tools; well, DeWalt has been mass-producing these since 1992. The point is, these guys have pioneered the tool market since the day Mr. DeWalt made his first woodworking machine. And if you’ve used their products recently, then you already know that they are still at the forefront of innovation.
Outside of being one of the leading pioneers in electric corded power tools, DeWalt is making noise in other ways as well. They invented the 12-Volt Max lithium-ion battery system, which all but sealed the deal for them is among the most powerful cordless power tools out there. DeWalt battery life which now includes up to 60-volt power in battery-operated tools clearly keeps DeWalt in front as the leader in power tools.
Not more than a year after that, they introduced the 20-volt max system, ratcheting up the battery life and motor power once again.
With multiples of decades of power tool experience, DeWalt has never allowed itself to rest on its laurels. Striving to make your job easier, and cord-free they continue to develop tools that get the job done better than the last. These guys even have an insight community that takes feedback from their customers to find new areas they can improve their products.
- Mechanical 2-speed transmission gives the operator the power to choose the power
- Ergonomic design is compact and easy to manage during use
- A lightweight tool barely weighing 5 pounds (that is with the battery)
- 18-volt lithium-ion battery provides sufficient power and has battery life aplenty
- The three-year warranty comes with the purchase of any Makita product
- The battery has an integrated LED charge level indicator
- Brushless motor for a longer-lasting tool that runs infinitely more efficient than standard motors.
CONS: 18 Volts vs 20 Volts for the Dewalt
This hammer drill is more than just a little bit useful, it’s got all of the power you’ll ever need! With all-metal gears and an aluminum housing, the quality built-in will ensure this stays in your arsenal for years to come.
This brand has a great 3-Year warranty which is expected with such a solid, well-respected brand like Makita.
Many of the users spoke about how much more powerful the CT322W set is. Oh and just for added value, Makita Includes a rechargeable LED flashlight with this outstanding Kit.
is than its predecessors. And the fact that they are able to do that in a much smaller package is further proof than Makita is always in the driver seat when it comes to innovation.
Makita drills are strong, durable, and hold onto drill bits for dear life. Getting any Makita tool is going to be a huge boost to your efficiency. That goes double for this brushless motor hammer drill. Power and efficiency are at your fingertips, all you’ve got to do is find something that needs fixin’.
This Japanese tool manufacturer is easily one of my favorite producers of cordless power tools. From the colorful scene to the overall build of their tools, Makita always delivers.
These guys were one of the first on the scene when cordless power tools began to take hold in the market. And their ever-evolving line of tools shows just how dedicated they are to making sure that when you pick up these tools, you have all the power you could possibly ask for.
More than a century later Makita still has its hands firmly grasped in portable power tools. These guys supply the world with highly innovative tools that pack more quality in a power tool than you could ever expect from something so small. And their LXT series tools with brushless motors all but confirm that these guys have everything you need.
- The hammer drill Powerstat brushless motor provides 1200 inch-pounds of torque with up to 2000 rpm, giving you the fastest drilling speeds in its class
- Impact driver’s Power state brushless motor has an unrivaled 1800 inch-pounds of torque
- Comes with two belt clips, 2-bit holders, and a hard protective case
- Redlithium battery is 5.0 Ah giving peak performance and extended battery life on short charge times
- The hammer drill chuck doesn’t seem to hold ¼” drill bits well.
- Expensive for just two tools.
This kit from Milwaukee comes with the two most essential tools for getting household work done. The hammer drill and a ¼” inch impact gun. Regardless of the job (as long as nothing needs to be cut) these two jobs will be able to get it done for you.
Every day more and more people get their hands on this hammer drill and impact gun combo, making it quickly become one of the most universally loved combos there is.
Milwaukee is one of the heavy hitters in the cordless power tool space, which is why it shouldn’t come as a surprise to anybody that this is an excellent toolset. The only issue that folks seem to have with it is the hammer drill not holding on to ¼” drill bits. If Milwaukee rectifies this issue, then it would be ranked even higher than it already is.
Milwaukee is one of the super heavyweights in the cordless power tool world today. The last 10 to 15 years they, have become largely known as one of the best, and most powerful (power) tools on the market. The love people have for these tools can be attributed to the combination of their power and incredibly lightweight design.
Milwaukee is a company founded by a Wisconsin manufacturer name A.H. Peterson. He began working on a lightweight drill that was compact and portable enough to replace the giant ¼” impact guns that were being used in the early 1900s at the behest of none other than; Henry Ford.
The result? An impact gun that weighed only 5 pounds, and was the first-ever drill that could be used with only one hand.
Ever since A.H. Peterson made this innovated leap, Milwaukee has been trying to one-up itself with newer, and even more innovative products. And they outdo themselves at nearly every turn.
- Kit includes DV18DGL 18V hammer drill that boasts 487 in/lbs of torque and up to 1,400 RPM and 19,600 BPM to handle tough jobs
- Kit includes the WH18DGL 18V Lithium-Ion Impact Driver that delivers 1,280 in/lbs of driving torque for heavier applications
- Powered by Lithium-Ion battery technology for fade-free power, less weight, and 3X the total battery life of traditional NiCD batteries
- The kit also includes the UC18YKSL quick charger, double-sided Phillips #2 Driver bit and carrying bag
- Covered by Hitachi’s Lifetime Lithium Ion tool warranty & 2-Year Lithium Ion battery warranty
- Great set for DIY homeowners but maybe light duty for pros
- Doesn’t have the Brushless motor of more expensive brands
- DRILL/DRIVER: The PCC600 features 330 Units Watts Out (UWO), 2-speed gear box (0-400/0-1,600), compact design and 1/2″ metal ratcheting chuck
- IMPACT DRIVER: The PCC640 features 1,495 in/lbs of max torque, 0-2,900 RPM, 0-3,100 BPM, compact design and a 1-handed easy load 1/4″ hex chuck
- BATTERY GAUGE: Both tools have a gauge that displays remaining charge in the battery
- INCLUDES: PCC600 Drill/Driver, PCC640 Impact Driver, (2) PCC680 20V MAX* lithium Ion 1.5Ah Batteries, PCC699L Charger, USB charging device.
- PART OF THE PORTER-CABLE 20V SYSTEM: Battery works with all Porter-Cable 20V MAX* lithium-ion products
- Crazy low price for a completed 20V system. Period.
- Lithium-ion batteries are 1.5Ah vs. 3.0 or 4.0 Ah (storage) of expensive brands
- Good News- They include (2) batteries – To keep one backup battery charged.
- Doesn’t have the Brushless motor of more expensive brands
Wrap – Up
Cordless power tools have made huge improvements over the years thanks to innovations in the modern battery.
If you’ve been waiting for companies to get the electric power tool down pact before you sprung for them; well, you weren’t in the wrong.
But guess what, it’s now time to spring for one.
- Click here for 30 tips on hand and power tool safety!
- Want to learn more about power tools? Check out this article here!
- Are you a contractor? Read about our favorite cordless power tools for contractors here!
- Do you need to cut a tree stump in your yard? Read about how to do it here!
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 5
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!