If you’re looking for the Best Electric Corded Mower in 2022, you’re in the right place. Today we line up the 5 Best Electric (corded) mowers and list them by Power, Deck Size, and, Popularity, and Pros & Cons (Collection Bags, Cutting Height Options, etc.).
This Electric Mower Buying Guide will help you quickly narrow your search for the best electric cord mower for your particular needs and budget.
It’s a fact that in the world of lawnmowers, the Electric Push Lawn Mower is generally The lightest and Easy to maneuver mower, compared to gas-powered or battery-powered equivalents. The best electric cord lawnmowers are also less expensive to own and require less maintenance, with no spark plugs or oil changes, or gas to refill often.
Electric corded mowers include some Pros & Cons, just as any mower design would, when selecting the perfect lawnmower for your needs.
The Pros include; Push-Button Start, a Powerful engine, and Less Maintenance.
The Cons would for Electric Mowers include; Restricted Mowing Distance and Manual Push Mower Use only (No Self-Propelled) options for Electric Corded Mowers.
In a hurry? Our choice for the best push lawn mower is the Greenworks 20-Inch 12 Amp Mower (see it at Amazon). It offers reliable gas-like power without sacrificing power and performance, all at an affordable price.
Best Electric Corded Mower (Reviews)
- 13 Amp Engine Power – Unlimited Run time with Electrical Cord
- Brushless Motor!
- Push-button Start
- 21″ Steel Deck – with Powder Coat Finish
- High 10″ Rear Wheels for use on uneven yards
- 4-Year Warranty
- Folding Handle for Easy Storage
- Three mowing options – Mulch, Side Discharge, or Rear Bag collection
- 7-Height Cutting Options
- Powerful Motor- Can handle Tall grass
- As with all Corded Mowers, limited in mowing distance.
The MO13B00 mower model is sold exclusively on Amazon and at the same price as the Greenworks model 25022 Mainstay electric mower; this model includes a Brushless Motor, 13 vs.12 Amp power, and a 21″ vs. a 20″ deck in the 25022 mower – For an almost identical price!
When we rounded up our electric mower reviews, we rated this Greenworks model as the best all-around mower for small to medium-sized yards.
Remember that mowing with an electrical cord requires no gas, and virtually no maintenance, giving you power, performance, and durability.
The Greenworks 13 Amp brushless mower is also covered by a four-year warranty that protects you against materials, parts, or workmanship defects.
Rest assured, you’ll get the perfect cut, whatever the length or condition of your lawn – you can choose between 7 different heights. It also comes with a unique 3-in-1 discharge design system that offers:
- Grass Bagging
- Side Discharge
We love the Greenworks MO13B00 electric mower, its versatility, the no-fuss electric start, no maintenance, No Battery to Charge, the brushless motor design (lasts three times longer), and how lightweight and quiet the Greenworks mower Is (some claim it to be quieter than a vacuum cleaner).
If an “Electric Mower” type suits you best, and you have a small to medium size yard, then this is the best of the best electric mowers we think you should consider.
Greenworks 21″ Electric Mower
- Powerful 13 Amp Electric Motor
- 19″ Wide Mowing Deck
- Lightweight at only 39 Lbs.
- Quick Fold-Down Handles
- Hard Top Rear Bag Grass Collection
- 5-Position Cutting Heights
- 2Mowing Options: Mulch or Rear Bag
- 4-Year Warranty
- Plastic Vs. Steel Mowing Deck
- Narrower Mowing Deck than Greenworks Editor Choice
Scott’s 19″ Electric Mower is our pick as the Runner Up choice, primarily due to its 19″ wide mowing deck, Powerful 13 Amp motor, lightweight maneuverability, and 5-Position Mowing Height Options.
The push-button start Scotts Mower is built for ease of use on Smaller Yards, and with no maintenance to consider, you need to plug it in – and Go.
SCOTTS – 19″ Electric Cord Mower
- 16″ Deck is the Perfect size for Small Yards/Small Storage
- 10 Amp Motor
- 5-Position Height Adjustment
- 2-in-1 Mowing Options: Mulch or Rear Bag
- Lightweight, Durable Poly Deck
- Folding Handles
- Plastic Deck components vs. Steel
- Small Mowing Deck for Small Yards
The Greenworks 16″ Electric Mower is a great option for those with very small yards and perhaps a smaller budget to spend on lawn tools.
Super lightweight at only 45 lbs, with folding handles and a carry handle, this mower tucks away easily when not in use.
How To Maintain Greenworks Electric Mower Video:
It’s easy to use, with a 5-Position height adjustment, allowing you to choose from five different mowing heights.
Greenworks again offers a 4-Year warranty coupled with the inherent value of having little to no maintenance for the life of your purchase.
While the 16″ mowing deck is the smallest deck size in our review, we think the deck size and 10 Amp motor are very well suited for strong and lasting mowing performance.
Greenworks 16″ Electric Corded Mower
- Compact 14″ Mowing Deck for Very Small Yards
- Compact & Lightweight Storage
- Powerful 11 Amp Motor
- 14″ Steel Mowing Deck
- 5-Position Cutting Height
- Super Light 29 Lbs.
- Safety ON/OFF Switch
- 2 Mowing Methods: Mulch or Rear Bag
- Its Mowing Deck is Only 14″. Not Ideal for Larger Yards
American Lawn Mower Company has been around since 1895 and is the same company that invented the original manual push mower – the Reel Mower.
American Lawn Mower – 14″ Electric Corded Mower Video
Boasting an 11 Amp motor, Hardshell Rear Bag, and Steel Mowing Deck, we consider this offering from American Lawn Mower as one of the best “bang for the buck” mowers you can buy.
That is if you have a very small yard…after all, it’s only 14″ wide, which is quite a narrow mowing path.
American Lawn Mower – 14″ Electric Mower
- Powerful 10 Amp Motor
- 15″ Rust Resistant Mowing Deck
- Enhanced Winged Blade Collection Design
- Electric Push-Button Start
- 2 – In – 1 Mowing Options: (Mulching, Rear Bag)
- One handle – Six Cutting Height Adjustment
- Lightweight – 39 Lbs.
- Folding Handles for Convenient Storage
- Push-button start and a single-lever, 7-position height-of-cut adjustment
- Extension Cord Required (Not included)
- Plastic vs. Steel Mowing Deck
The Black & Decker BEMW472BH Electric Corded Mower is an affordable mowing option for many homeowners to consider. At Less than $200, and if you have a smaller lawn suitable for a 15″ wide mowing deck, this could be all the mower you’ll ever need.
Black & Decker steps up the mowing experience with their revolutionary “Pivot Handle” mowing design. With the pivot handle design, maneuverability is greatly enhanced, and the torque on your wrists is decreased.
Synonymous with quality, Black + Decker has offered tried and true lawn tools for decades, and this Electric Corded option joins those ranks.
Black & Decker – 15″ Pivot Handled Mower
Frequently Asked Questions – Electric Corded Mower
What Is The Best Rated Electric Push Mower?
The Greenworks 21″ Electric Push Mower is our number one-rated push mower. The Scott 19″ Mower comes in as our runner-up, with The Greenworks 16″ Electric mower winning the Best electric mower value in our Guide.
All of these mowers are rated at the top of their category but offer different power sources – and are priced accordingly!
What are the benefits of owning an electric push mower vs. a gas mower?
An electric push mower will generally cost you much less when purchased. You do not need to purchase gas, replace oil or spark plugs, or have it maintained yearly.
In the past, electric equipment such as hedge trimmers or mowers had a reputation for not being as powerful as gas-powered, but this is no longer an issue with the use of High Amp electric lawnmower motors.
How Do I Sharpen a Lawnmower Blade?
I’m sure you now know the benefits of owning a powerful electric push mower. Technology has advanced, and gone are the days when the only reliable option was owning a gas-powered mower.
You can now save money, have way less maintenance, start the mower with the push of a button, and enjoy a cleaner mowing experience, all while helping save the planet!
We’ve gone into great detail and reviewed the 5 Best Electric Corded Mowers, and we hope this has helped you decide which one is best for you.
If, however, you have more yards and are looking for a little more powerful and more features, then our top pick from Greenworks would probably suit you better.
Good luck choosing the best mower for you – and please don’t hesitate to leave us a comment or suggestion below!
Additional Reading & References
- Pima County Arizona Low Emission – Lawn Equipment Rebate Voucher – Webcms.Pima.gov
- Diamond Bar California Gas Equipment Exchange Rebate Program – AQMD.Gov
- How to Safely Use a Plug-in (corded) Electric mower – YouTube.Com
- How to safely use a lawnmower around children – Healthychildren.com
- Can you cut wet grass with an electric mower? – Ehow.com
- Which mowers Make the Best lawn stripes? – Besthomegear.com