Best Choices in 2018
Last update on 2019-01-21 at 19:04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APINot only have we read real reviews, but we’ve also watched videos of them in action, read user manuals and notes. We’ve put this together in an easy to understand manner so you can decide which electric push mower will be best to suit your needs.
Greenworks 21-Inch 40V Mower (MO40L2512)
- 40V Power
- 2 Batteries Included
- 3 Discharge options
- 60 Minute Runtime so most homes only need ONE charge to mow their yard.
- Can handle tall grass if you go slow.
- If you have a bigger yard, that takes longer than 60 minutes you’ll need to charge the other battery while cutting.
- Not self-propelled so if you’re used to that, you’ll need to adjust to pushing again.
- Grass bag
- Side Discharge
- Easy Instant push-start technology.
- 40-volt Brushless motor for power, performance, and durability.
- Dual port – have a second battery ready so don’t have to stop working. Up to 60-minute battery runtime
- No Maintenance = Save time and money – Save 95% costs spent on gas and never worry about yearly maintenance again.
- Vertical storage saving 70% on storage space
- Smart-cut Technology – Power automatically adjusts based on grass height for maximum performance
- Convenient height adjustment level for the perfect cut. Choose between 7 different positions to ensure you always cut your lawn the perfect length.
- Lightweight and maneuverable
- Cover all aspects of your yard with the amazing 3 in 1 Discharge design
- Grass bag
- Side discharge
- 4 Year Warranty – To the original purchaser (with proof of purchase), against defects in materials, parts or workmanship.
- Deck Size – 21-inch
- Item Weight – 62 lbs
- Shipping Weight – 82 pounds
- Run Time – Up to 60 minutes
- Deck Size – 21-Inch
- Product Dimensions – 62.2 x 21.5 x 42.2 inches
back to menu ↑
Snapper XD Cordless Self-Propelled Mower SXD21SPWM82K
- 82V Power
- Self-propelled which is rare for cordless mowers
- Spare Battery so you can charge the spare while you’re cutting if needed.
- 45 Minute Runtime
- Using the self propelled drive uses up the battery faster, which isn’t a surprise.
- A few owners mention that cutting very thick grass bogs the engine down (which is the case with gas mowers too).
- Quiet self-propelled variable speed transmission
- 2x Briggs & Stratton 82V 2Ah batteries and rapid charger will give you up to 45-minutes run time.
- Easy to use, with a choice of 7 different adjustable cutting heights with a single lever
- 3 in 1 steel mowing deck, which allows you to bag, mulch or side discharge
- Brushless motor technology – The highly efficient 1000 or 1200 watt brushless motor provides all of the power and reliability you’ll need to mow your lawn for many years to come.
- Product Dimensions – 44.5 x 21.5 x 19 inches
- Item Weight – 80.9 Pounds
- Shipping Weight – 92.4 Pounds
back to menu ↑
Sun Joe iON16LM 40V 16-Inch Cordless Lawn Mower
- 40V Power
- Lightweight compared some other models.
- Cuts well in narrow spaces since it has a narrow body.
- Very good battery life, exceeding the expected battery life for some owners.
- Fairly narrow cutting path at 15″.
- Not great for larger yards due to the small cutting path.
- Power and Performance – 600 W Brushless Motor increases the battery and motor performance and efficiency, as well as extended the motor life (Up to 2000 hours!)
- Lightweight – It’s lightweight and compact design with all-terrain wheels makes it easy to cut mow the lawn, even in the tightest of spaces.
- Easy to Use – The simple push start button and an ergonomic handle ensure the comfort of the user. You can adjust the cut to 6 different heights (from 1.18 inches up to 3.15 inches), with the simple adjustment lever
- Cutting Width – 15 inches (38 cm)
- Cutting Height – 1.18 – 3.15 inches (30mm – 80mm)
- Motor/Rotor – 600w brushless/15 inch (38 cm) steel blade
- Battery – 4.0 Ah/40 V
- Weight 37.3 pounds
- Warranty – Full 2-year warranty
back to menu ↑
ConclusionI’m sure you’re aware now the benefits of owning a powerful electric push mower. The technology has advanced so much and gone are the days where the only reliable option was owning a gas powered one. You really can now save more, have less maintenance, as well as a cleaner mowing experience, all whilst helping save the planet. We’ve gone into great detail and reviewed 3 Electric Mowers and we really hope this has helped you make a decision on which one is best for you. Your choice will largely depend on your circumstances, such as the size of your lawn and your budget. If you have a tiny lawn then our option 3 may suit you perfectly. If however you have more yard space and are looking for a little more powerful and more features then our top pick would probably suit you better. Our number one pick was the Greenworks 40v Cordless Mower (see on Amazon). Get more details about the product and see owner reviews by clicking the link! The Greenworks 40v Lithium-ion Max System with a quiet, efficient battery gives you all of the power you need to tackle any yard up to ½ acre. I’ll summarise some of the great benefits you’ll be getting. No power cords required with the instant push start button technology. The brushless power provides the ultimate cut for power, performance, and durability. Dual port battery pack allows you to have an additional battery ready so you don’t have to stop working. Vertical storage helps save up to 70% on storage space. There’s also flexibility to cut the lawn as you like. Choose between 7 different positions with the easily adjustable height lever, giving you the perfect length lawn. Then you’ve got the 3 in 1 design for a grass bag, side discharge, and mulch plug. Save money as there’s no need for gas, oil replacements or yearly maintenance. It also comes with an extensive full 4-year warranty, taking the worry out of making the right decision. ————————— back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of owning an electric push mower vs gas mower?An electric push mower will generally cost you much less when purchased. You have no need to purchase gas, replace oil or spark plugs, or have it maintained yearly. In the past electric mowers had a reputation for not being as powerful as gas ones but this is charging with the advancement in technologies. You don’t need to take my word for it you can read some of the many reviews yourself of customers that have been converted to owning an electric mower and would never go back.
How long do electric lawn mower batteries last?It depends on the specific model and the load on the motor. Here is an example though: You’ll get roughly 60 minutes of run-time with the Greenworks 40v Battery. This should be sufficient to cut most lawns. Users are impressed with how quickly the batteries charge. Best wishes finding the Best Electric push mower for your yard!
- Here is a how-to article on how to best use a plug in electric mower!
- Is your lawn mower safe to use around kids? Read this article on how to safely use a lawn mower around children!
- Have you wondered if you can cut wet grass with an electric mower? Check out how you can here.
- Check out this article on the pressure washers.
- Want stripes on your lawn? Read about the best lawn mower for stripes here!