If you’re looking for the Best Electric Pressure Washer for Car Detailing, you’ve definitely come to the right place. Today we’ll help you cut down your workload by providing a Quick Review for the Best Electric Pressure Washers for Cleaning your Car or Truck on the market today.
In a hurry? Then you should check out the Sun Joe SPX3000 on Amazon. It has a max psi of 2030, and a dual detergent tank to help your cleaning go even faster.
|Editor’s Choice||Runner Up||Best Value|
|Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Joe 2030 PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5-Amp Electric Pressure Washer||Briggs & Stratton 20680 Electric Pressure Washer 1800 PSI 1.2 GPM with 20-Foot High Pressure Hose, Turbo Nozzle & Detergent Tank||AR Annovi Reverberi AR390SS Electric Pressure Washer, Blue|
|Buy on Amazon||Buy on Amazon||Buy on Amazon|
Why an Electric Pressure Washer is the Best Choice For Vehicles
If you love your car, then you probably spend a few hours washing and detailing it each week. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with that, but if you also love your free time; maybe watching football on the weekends – there is a quick way to speed up your car washing time. Let’s face it, we’re not after an all-day project here. So instead of worrying about refueling the gas tank, checking the oil, or making sure you have a spark in your gas pressure washer; simply plug in your electric pressure washer and go!
Without further delay, let’s take a look at the Best Electric Pressure Washer: for Cars And Trucks
Best Choices in 2018
- Perfect pressure for washing delicate items
- Extremely versatile
- 14.5 amp / 1800 watt motor
- Astounding 2030 PSI
- Five spray nozzles to adjust pressure output (40°, 25°, 15°, 0°)
- Total Stop System turns the pump off when it’s not in use
- Dual Detergent Tanks
- Connector/coupler is plastic – some owners like more durable metal.
- Some owners like aftermarket nozzles for this washer
I had heard a lot about Sun Joe (and Snow Joe) products, and I have to say this manufacturer is quickly growing on me. They make excellent products but don’t overcharge for the quality and features they build into their products.
What is so appealing about this specific model is its 14.5 amp, 1800 watt motor that provides a staggering 2030 psi with 1.76 gpm (gallons per minute) water flow.
This makes the Sun Joe our number one pick as the top rated pressure washer for cars and trucks.
Several users awe at how well this machine cleans [everything] around there house with ease. Even more, customers marvel at the ability to have such power in a machine without spending several hundred dollars to get it.
As great as the specs are on this machine, it seems that the vast majority of people love this machine for an entirely different reason; the longevity of it. Here’s a quick Demo of this amazing little pressure washer:
Overall, this is one of the better electric pressure washers you can purchase without having to empty your wallet. There are some review comments, but nothing to the extent that gave us any due caution.
- Incredibly strong frame built to withstand abuse
- Could easily withstand transport for mobile car wash business
- 12-month limited consumer warranty
- Two different pressure options for more versatility
- 25’ high-pressure hose allows you to reach higher than many competitors models
- The hose and power cord are on the same side of the unit so they can get tangled if you aren’t careful.
Anyone who has a lot of experience doing lawn work knows that Briggs and Stratton is a name worth remembering. They always produce quality items that provide top-notch power, without the top-tier price tag.
This machine gives you ample pressure for washing your vehicle with 1800 psi and a 1.1 GPM flow rate. Or, 900 psi at a 1.2 GPM flow rate.
What this means to you is that you can select the pressure output of your machine (always an excellent quality).
Where this machine truly stands out is in its metal frame. Where some pressure washers use lesser quality frames The Briggs & Stratton washer uses Steel.
This electric pressure washer is ideal for people who are going to use it to wash their vehicles, and perhaps windows and siding. For concrete driveways – bump up to something over 2,000 psi.
There simply isn’t enough psi flowing through this machine to clean driveways and other projects that require maximum pressure.
- Very high PSI
- Four spray nozzles (0°, 15°, 25°, 40°)
- Extremely easy on your budget for this Power
- 1.8 GPM flow rate
- 33’ power cord
- Durability may be an issue at this price
If you are looking for high psi in a package that barely even cracks 100 dollars in price, then you are probably looking for this pressure washer for Flagup.
With this machine, you’ll get 4 different spray nozzles that offer plenty of versatility for your job.
If you need high power output but aren’t willing to pay premium prices for it just yet, then this pressure washer has your name written all over it. Pretty much everybody was astonished at how well it cleans, especially since it is so inexpensive.
- GreenWorks GW1501 1,500 PSI 1.2 GPM 13AMP Hand Carry Electric Pressure Washer
- GreenWorks 5201802 Brass Turbo Nozzle
- GreenWorks 5200402 High-Pressure Hose, 25′
- Very affordable for a Pressure washer of this caliber
- Easy to move – Lightweight
- Lower PSI than other pressure washers in this category
- Some complaints that attachment to a hose can leak
- 2000 PSI – Easy and quick for decks, patios, siding, driveways, outdoor furniture, cars, trucks, RVs, ATVs and more.
- Top rated Consumer Report 2016 electric pressure washer tests. Amazon customers rate this 4.5 out 5. Motor Type: Universal 120V 60Hz
- Professional-style pressure washer gun, pressure washer wand, 30-foot high-pressure hose, 48 oz. detergent tank and 4 different Quick Change pressure washer nozzles.
- Conserves water by using 80% less water with 40% more power than a standard garden hose. Quieter than gas engine models.
- Easy Assembly: Pull it out of the box, insert the hose reel and attach the handle. Connect the high-pressure hose and garden hose. Plug the GFCI to a 3 prong outlet with a ground. Pull the trigger to start cleaning.
- Does not include a 45 degrees spray nozzle
- Connection for the garden hose is made of plastic
Benefits of Electric Pressure Washers
Aside from making your cleaning jobs significantly easier, there are a host of benefits; you’ll enjoy with one of these life-altering tools.
The word “electric” tells you everything you need to know. You’ll never have to buy gas for these machines. Simply plug it in at start pressure washing whatever it is that needs to be washed. You’ll save gallons of money on these machines. Plus you’ll be lowering your carbon footprint.
Another benefit you get from not having a pressure washer that isn’t powered by fuel is how lightweight and portable it is.
Not having a giant gas tank, and a motor that needs a way to convert that gas to fuel that can make it work means that you have yourself a pressure washer that is easy to lug around with you wherever you may need to take it.
Electric pressure washers tend to be far less expensive than the gas versions. Of course, there are some tradeoffs with that (we’ll get into those later). But you can rest assured that purchasing an electric pressure washer won’t hurt your pockets too much.
There are two sides to this (as with most things), but electric pressure washers typically don’t have as much power as gas powered pressure washers. The amount of power a pressure washer has is measured in two different ways. One is psi (pounds per square inch), and the other is the water flow rate. Now, you might be asking “how is less power a good thing?”
Having a pressure washer can make your cleaning job simple, and help you complete that job much faster. But as good as pressure washers are at cleaning, they are equally adept at ruining delicate items.
You know, like the paint on your car.
Because electric pressure washers don’t usually have as much psi as gasoline-powered ones, there is much less risk in using them. And this doesn’t only go for vehicles either. They are safe for your windows, siding, wooden decks, and even sliding doors as well.
Noise Discipline is something that isn’t needed in most cases (unless you are a ninja of course), but it’s still nice to have a machine that isn’t going to wake the baby up from her nap. Your neighbors will be thankful for the quieter machine too.
If you don’t want to hear the loud drone of a pressure washer the entire time you need to use it; then your best option is to purchase an electronic one.
Better for the Environment/ and your Body
This is another spin-off of the whole ‘no fuel’ thing. Actually, we somewhat touched on it earlier when we talked about being able to cut gasoline out of the picture.
Gas releases foul, harmful odors when it is burned. Not only is it unpleasant for your nose, but the smoke that emits from the washer pollutes the air around you as well. Thankfully, electric washers work without having to use any external fuels.
Anything gas powered has a lot of working parts. They need spark plugs, fuel injectors, fuel lines… The list goes on and on. All of these working parts means there is more opportunity for something to go wrong. And even if nothing hasn’t gone wrong yet, you will need to perform routine preventative maintenance on gasoline-powered pressure washers.
Electric pressure washers don’t have this issue. What that means for you is that you can spend less time fixing and maintaining your pressure washer. And if you pay somebody to do those things for you, well that just means you can save more money by nixing almost all of the maintenance costs of a gas washer.
The relatively low cost of purchasing an electric pressure washer is a great enticement and can be the reason people decide to go ahead and purchase electric over a much more expensive gas-powered power washer.
While some electric power washers don’t have the same longevity of gas-powered washers, if you do your homework, you will find models that can, in fact, outlive their gas counterparts
Make sure you purchase any power washer that has already been put through the wringer and came out on top. You should also ensure that the model you purchase comes with an extended manufacturers warranty.
While electric pressure washers that are moderately powered are great for washing a vehicle or cleaning windows, they won’t be as effective as the higher powered gas versions unless you opt for something over 2,000 psi.
We know how difficult it can be to make your first pressure washer purchase, so we trust we’ve given you a little more information to help you make that decision, and a better understanding of what to look for.
If you’re looking for a way to take the chill off your patio – Check out these Top 10 Fire Pit Tables!
References and Further Reading
- Great thread on AutoGeekOnline about pressure washers.
- The WRX community also has a thread on the topic.
- Check out the best pressure washer for driveways here.
- Read about the best pressure washer for under $300.