Are you looking for the Best Expandable Garden Hose in 2020? If so, you’re in the right spot! Our flexible hose review – features the 6 best expandable hose models available on the market. Due to their preferred ease of use and storage, the kink-free hose has virtually replaced the traditional rubber garden hose for most homeowners today.
If it’s time to begin planting grass seed, tend to your garden, manicure your lawn, or wash that favorite vehicle, one of these flexible hoses will do surely do the job. Nowadays, the best garden hoses on the market, are the consumer’s #1 favorite – the expandable garden hose.
If you’re short on time no problem, we’ve got you covered. Our favorite best flexible hose is the TBI PRO 100-foot expandable garden hose. It is incredibly durable, shrinks down to only 17-feet for easy storage, and is in our opinion the Best collapsible hose you can buy.
The Best Flexible Hose For 2020
|Editor’s Choice||Runner-Up||Best Value|
|TBI Pro Garden Hose Expandable - Superior Strength 3750D / 4-Layers Latex/Extra-Strong Brass Connectors / 10-Way Durable Zinc Water Spray Nozzle, 2-Way Pocket Flexible Splitter (100 Feet)||100 ft Expandable Garden Hose,Upgraded Leakproof Lightweight Garden Water Hose with 3/4" Solid Brass Fittings,Extra Strength 3750D Durable Gardening Flexible Hose,Expanding Garden Hoses Spray Nozzle …||Flexzilla Garden Hose, 5/8 in. x 75 ft., Heavy Duty, Lightweight, Drinking Water Safe - HFZG575YW|
|SEE ON AMAZON||SEE ON AMAZON||SEE ON AMAZON|
There are tons of garden hoses out there, some of which don’t stack up very well with the rest. That is why we have put together a shortlist of the top garden hoses on the market. After scouring Real User Reviews, our local hardware, and home improvement stores, and doing our own testing, we’ve come up with Six excellent products, sure to meet your requirements and your budget.
Let’s get right to the Best Expandable Hose You Can Buy:
Best Expandable Garden Hose | Buyers Guide 2020
Do you need a top-flight expanding hose that stretches the entirety of your property? If you do, then the “TBI Pro Extra Strength 4 layer garden hose is about as good as it gets. It’s available in an incredible 100 feet of length when in use – and shrinks down to only 25-feet.
That’s four times the size! Let’s take a look at some of the best qualities this hose has to offer.
- industry-leading 100ft in length means that you can use this for larger yards
- Compact when not in use for easy storage – only 17 ft. long
- Includes Sprayer
- Lightweight and flexible makes watering your yard easier than ever.
- Double latex interior keeps water in the hose and ensures it won’t spring leaks
- Money-back guarantee – assures that you’re getting a product from a company that stands by what it produces
- Durability is one of this hose’s best characteristics
- Comes with Hose Splitter and Wall Hook
- Dependable brass fittings
When researching this hose, we came across a ton of people who love the product, saying the ability to expand the hose to 110-feet is a lifesaver.
There is no doubt this is one of the best expandable hoses ever made. However, the TBI Pro garden hose does come with a premium price. However, it does offer accessories no other manufacturer includes such as the included spray nozzle, hose splitter, and wall hook. If you like this flexible hose but don’t need 100 ft. of reach, Amazon also offers a 50ft. expandable hose option for less money.
Never owned or used an Expandable Hose? Check out this Quick Video
How To Use an Expandable Hose from TBI:
To keep the weeds away, you need to keep your lawn healthy, and the TBI-Pro will help you do just that.
We don’t always need a hose this long, in fact, most people may not. But if you do need a 100-foot hose, as when using a pressure washer around the perimeter of your house, then the TBI Pro is an awesome choice. Sure, you’ll pay a little more, but what you get for your money, makes this a first-class purchase.
A quality garden hose should be durable, dependable, and easy to manage; and wouldn’t you know it! This best expanding hose from Greness has all three of those characteristics – and more. The best part is, it’s an insanely affordable product.
If you’re looking for one of the best collapsible garden hoses on the market, you’ll love this product. It was easy to select this garden hose as our Runner Up.
- Stretches to 100feet when in use
- Shrinks down to approximately 33-feet when it’s not in use
- 60-day money-back guarantee – and a 12-month warranty
- Withstands 3-12 Bar water pressure
- Supreme flexibility – Includes Spray Nozzle
- Solid Brass fittings – keep the water from leaking and ensures maximum durability
- Lightweight and portable (easy storage)
- Comes with a free storage bag
- Can withstand water temperature ranges from 41°F to 113°F
So many users rave about this hose from Greness, many saying it is the best collapsible hose they have ever used. With praise like that, I’m not sure you can afford to miss out on this water hose. By the way, many owners of the expandable garden hose ask whether you can connect two expandable hoses together?
The resounding answer is Yes, much like connecting two extension cords together, to give you that extra reach. So you may want to consider buying two 100ft. garden hoses, one for the front, one for the back, and connect them together for those rare times you need 200 ft. of expandable hose!
There’s no such thing as a perfect product, and the Greness Expandable Hose is no different. Some reviews claimed if the hose is exposed to the sun at all times, it seems to wear the material down eventually. Quite frankly, this is the case with any garden hose.
The good part about this particular brand is, that it comes with a carrying case and stores easily. When left outdoors but not in use, we recommend keeping any garden hose out of direct sunlight – to keep the material from breaking down due to UV light.
Our Best Value pick has to go to Flexzilla, one of the highest-rated flexible hoses on Amazon, and for good reason. The Flexzilla brand equals “great quality” but also “all-weather” performance.
Capable of operating in temperatures between -40 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit. This lightweight flexible hose, features special polymer construction, with an abrasion-resistant cover.
Flexzilla hoses include anodized aluminum aircraft fittings and o-rings for leak-proof use.
- Flexzilla expanding hose is 75 feet long with strong water pressure, and returns in seconds to 17 Feet after water is shut off
- A newly designed expandable water hose will Never tangle, twist, or kink, flexible and easy to handle and to store
- Zero-memory hose – does not fight you when coiling.
- High-Pressure Resistant Polymer
- Normal operating -40 to +140 degrees Fahrenheit
Ahh, the Flexi Hose! I’ve seen so many late-night infomercials for this product that I just had to try it for myself (so I guess their marketing strategy worked). At that time I only needed a 50 ft. hose, and frankly, at under $28.00 this is by far one of the best water hoses I have ever used.
This flexible hose expands and contracts with ease, never kinks, and is so easy to carry that you almost forget it is attached to a water spigot. Here are some of its best features:
- Expands to 50-feet and contracts to 17-feet
- Lifetime replacement guarantee
- Lightweight, portable and straightforward to use
- Withstands up to 12 bars of water pressure
- Leaks are not going to be an issue with this hose – Lifetime Guarantee
- Manufactured by a company that stands by its product
- Highly durable brass fittings ensure water doesn’t leak out at the ends of the hose
- Perfect for smaller yards at 50 ft. length
- One of the most dependable 50 ft. hoses you can buy
The Flexi Hose is almost unanimously loved by everybody that uses it. The weight and flexibility of the Flexi Hose make it easy for anybody to use, plus it’s easy to store.
Although this is easily one of the best expanding hose 2019 has on the market, there are still some small complaints, but maybe not exclusively towards this brand. Such as is if it does happen to spring a leak, then there won’t be enough water pressure for the hose to extend fully.
Another review claimed it was too short, but again, you can just buy a longer garden hose. Thankfully, Flexi Hose has a lifetime replacement guarantee, and they stand by that guarantee!
Flexi Hose is one of the best companies for garden hoses, and I absolutely love how steadfast they are in the products they make. It’s easy to use, easy to store, and seemingly lasts forever. If you’re looking for an inexpensive 50-foot hose that is sure to last a long time, then you’re looking for the Flexi Hose.
Sometimes you only need or want to store 25-feet of hose. When that’s the case, choose the Fit-Life expandable hose that shrinks to only 8 ft. makes the top of the list. Here are my favorite aspects of it.
- High-pressure hose creates strong water pressure
- Tested to last for over 1800 Uses
- It comes with its own durable 8-setting spray nozzle
- Strong brass fittings for added durability
- Triple-latex core is almost impervious to leaks
- Easily expands and quickly shrinks back down to original size
- Comes with a stylish carrying bag for easy storage and portability
A lot of consumers seem to use this for their small patio garden. I’m not sure if this is just a coincidence or if that’s what it was designed for, but it does indicate that the hose is great for maneuvering around plants.
Fit-Life reviews repeatedly tout one of the best customer service support teams. While this hose is only 25 ft. long, Fit-Life offers 50, 75, and 100 ft. lengths for using on large grass lawns as well.
The Fit-Life hose is one of the most durable flexible hoses on the market today, and the water pressure it produces is phenomenal. If you only need a shorter hose to only reach 25 ft. you can’t go wrong the Fit-life garden hose.
Looking for a 100-foot expandable hose that includes a quality spray nozzle? Then, look no further than the Yo-July Garden hose. The best part is, at the price point, it is practically a steal. It’s a high-quality, flexible hose, with a nine-pattern spray nozzle ranging from mist to jet stream.
- Already comes with a first-rate spray nozzle – and a Wall Bracket!
- Kink-free means no more fighting to straighten out the hose
- 1-year warranty from date of purchase
- 30-day risk-free guarantee
- Heavy-duty brass fittings
- A 100-foot hose that shrinks down to 33-feet and stores easily
- Hose, nozzle, and carrying bag included
- Can withstand high-pressures so it can be connected to a pressure washer
- Superior flexibility and unbelievably easy to maneuver
- Quickly expands to its maximum reach
- Drawstring bag for storage
The vast majority of users have glowing things to say about this hose with one reviewer saying, “getting hosed isn’t always bad”, It seems that people can’t say enough good things about this product.
There are some unfortunate aspects of this Yo-July garden hose, the most notable one being that it can’t be left outside in direct sunlight for long periods. Again, a standard precaution for any garden hose.
It’s nice when you’re able to find a product that already has everything you need to use it to its fullest extent. It’s even sweeter when they are high-quality, and that is why we included the Yo-July 100-foot hose to the list of top flexible water hoses. I would absolutely recommend this to those of you looking for an awesome deal on a quality product.
Tips For Expandable Water Hoses:
It’s clear that expandable water hoses have become a hit with homeowners. They are easy to carry, and they expand and contract which makes them very easy to store as well. However, this impressive innovation doesn’t come without a couple of down-sides.
Often times you’ll hear people maligning this type of water hose, saying it isn’t durable enough, or it leaks too easily. That is because you can’t treat them like an industrial hose, the material that allows it to expand and contract, requires that you take some extra precautions with this type of garden hose.
You should never leave these out in the sun, also, don’t have it out in frigid temperatures. Be careful when dragging it on rough surfaces, and don’t start using it until the hose is fully expanded. If you follow these rules and ensure the garden hose you purchase is made with high-quality material, you’ll be able to use them for years to come.
Ready to Trade-In Your “Gas Mower” – Check out the Best Electric Push Mowers on Amazon!
The best expandable hose, for me, is one of my all-time favorite innovations (that isn’t electronic). Sure, they do require you to baby them more than you would have to with your run of the mill garden hose, but they are so worth it.
The ability to get around the yard with ease is something I cherish, and the best collapsible hose options on the market offer that for me. Not to mention they are super easy to store. You can now get rid of that rusty eye-sore of a hose reel attached to your house. Many folks just drop their expandable hose into a decorative ceramic pot, located next to the faucet, and that’s it. No more winding your old garden hose up!
If you’re looking for a new hose, I would absolutely recommend getting an expandable one. If you’re still on the fence about which one to get, try our pick for editor’s choice. The TBI Pro 100-foot hose; we’re sure you’ll love it.
Thanks for visiting BestHomeGear.Com and the best success with your Expandable Hose selection!
References & Additional Reading:
- Expandable Hose Repair Tips – My Busy Retired Life
- Which Type of Lawn Sprinkler is Best For Your Lawn? – Homeguides.SFgate.com
- What is the Best gas Fire Pit Table To Buy? – BestHomeGear.Com
- What is the Best Time to Water Lawn & Garden? – University of Illinois
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?