Are you looking for the Best Expanding Hose in 2019? If so, you’re in the right spot! Our expandable garden hose review features only the 6 best expandable hose models available on the market. Due to their preferred ease of use and storage, the expandable kink-free hose has virtually replaced the traditional rubber garden hose for many homeowners today.
If it’s time to begin planting grass seed, tend to your garden, manicure your lawn, or wash that favorite vehicle, one of these flexible hoses will do surely do the job. Nowadays, the best garden hoses on the market, are the consumer’s #1 favorite – the expandable garden hose.
Note: If you’re short on time no problem, we’ve got you covered. Our favorite “kink-free” flexible garden hose is the Triple Hose 75-foot expandable garden hose. It is incredibly durable, shrinks down to only 17-feet for easy storage, and is in our opinion the Best collapsible hose you can buy.
Best Flexible Hoses in 2019
|Editor’s Choice||Runner-Up||Best Value|
|Heavy Duty Expandable Garden Hose | Strongest Expanding Triple Layer Latex Core | Durable Nylon Fabric | Solid Brass Fittings | Shut Off Water Valve | Gift/Storage Bag (75, Black)||TBI Pro Garden Hose Expandable - Superior Strength 3750D / 4-Layers Latex/Extra-Strong Brass Connectors / 10-Way Durable Zinc Water Spray Nozzle, 2-Way Pocket Flexible Splitter (100 Feet)||Garden Hose Expandable - Super Strength 3750D / 4-Layers Latex / Brass Connectors / 10-Way Durable Zinc Water Spray Nozzle, 2-Way Pocket Flexible Splitter (50 Feet)|
|Price not available||$69.95||$44.95|
|SEE ON AMAZON||SEE ON AMAZON||SEE ON AMAZON|
There are tons of garden hoses out there, some of which don’t stack up very well with the rest. That is why we have put together a shortlist of the top garden hoses on the market. After scouring Real User Reviews, our local hardware, and home improvement stores, and doing our own testing, we’ve come up with Six excellent products, sure to meet your requirements and your budget. Let’s get right to our Best Expandable Hose on the Market.
Best Expandable Garden Hose | Buyers Guide 2019
A quality garden hose should be durable, dependable, and easy to manage; and wouldn’t you know it! This best expanding hose from Triple Hose has all three of those characteristics – and more. The best part is, it’s an insanely affordable product. If you’re looking for the best of the best, you’ll love this product. It was easy to select this hose as the Editor’s choice
- Stretches to 75 feet when in use
- Shrinks down to approximately 17-feet when it’s not in use
- Withstands 3-12 Bar water pressure
- Supreme flexibility
- Solid Brass fittings – keep the water from leaking and ensures maximum durability
- Lightweight and portable (easy storage)
- Comes with a free storage bag
- Can withstand water temperature ranges from 41°F to 113°F
So many users rave about this hose from Triple Hose, many saying it is the best collapsible hose they have ever used. With praise like that, I’m not sure you can afford to miss out on this water hose. By the way, many owners of the expandable garden hose ask whether you can connect two expandable hoses together? The resounding answer is Yes, much like connecting two extension cords together, to give you that extra reach. So you may want to consider buying two 75 ft. hoses, one for the front, one for the back, and connect them together for those rare times you need 150 ft. of expandable hose!
There’s no such thing as a perfect product, and the Triple hose is no different. Some reviews claimed if the hose is exposed to the sun at all times, it seems to wear the material down eventually. Quite frankly, this is the case with any garden hose. The good part about this particular brand is, that it comes with a carrying case and stores easily. Keep it out of the sun, and you should be just fine!
Do you need a top-flight expanding hose that stretches the entirety of your property? If you do, then the “TBI Pro Extra Strength 4 layer garden hose is about as good as it gets. It’s available in an incredible 100 feet of length when in use – and shrinks down to only 25-feet. That’s four times the size! Let’s take a look at some of the best qualities this hose has to offer.
- industry-leading 100ft in length means that you can use this for larger yards
- Compact when not in use for easy storage – only 17 ft. long
- Includes Sprayer
- Lightweight and flexible makes watering your yard easier than ever.
- Double latex interior keeps water in the hose and ensures it won’t spring leaks
- Money-back guarantee – assures that you’re getting a product from a company that stands by what it produces
- Durability is one of this hose’s best characteristics
- Comes with Hose Splitter and Wall Hook
- Dependable brass fittings
When researching this hose, we came across a ton of people who love the product, saying the ability to expand the hose to 110-feet is a lifesaver.
There is no doubt this is one of the best expandable hoses ever made. However, the TBI Pro garden hose does come with a premium price. However, it does offer accessories no other manufacturer includes such as the included spray nozzle, hose splitter, and wall hook. If you like this flexible hose but don’t need 100 ft. of reach, Amazon offers a 50ft. expandable hose option for less $.
We don’t always need a hose this long, in fact, most people may not. But if you do need a 100-foot hose, like when using a pressure washer around the perimeter of your house, then the TBI Pro is an awesome choice. Sure, you’ll pay a little more, but what you get for your money, makes this a first-class purchase.
Just as we reviewed the TBI Pro as our Runner-Up pick, our Best Value pick has to go to the same company TBI Pro, But in a 50Ft. version hose. The purchase price includes such features as 4-layer superior strength construction, Solid Brass Fittings, two-way hose splitter, Sprayer included with 8 Function Spray Nozzles, with free Storage Hook also Included.
- The TBI Pro expanding hose starts out 17 Feet and expands hose 50 feet. with strong water pressure, and returns in seconds to 17 Feet after water is shut off
- A newly designed expandable water hose will Never tangle, twist, or kink, flexible and easy to handle and to store
- It comes with a high-quality spray nozzle with 8 adjustable patterns and ALL brass connectors, excellent corrosion resistance and durable quality.
- High-Pressure Resistant Latex
- Normal operating water pressure is 43.5-87PSI/3-6Bar, the Newly designed hose can safely operate with water pressure up to 145PSI/10Bar.
Considering the purchase price, the TBI Pro 50Ft. long Expandable Hose along with the multiple accessories that come with the purchase, and assuming you’re good with a 50 ft. long expandable hose, buy it!
Ahh, the Flexi Hose! I’ve seen so many late-night commercials for this product that I just had to try it for myself (so I guess their marketing strategy worked). I have got to say, that this is by far, one of the best water hoses I have ever used. It expands and contracts with ease, never kinks, and is so easy to carry that you almost forget it is attached to a water spigot. Here are some of its best features:
- Expands to 50-feet and contracts to 17-feet
- Lifetime replacement guarantee
- Lightweight, portable and straightforward to use
- Withstands up to 12 bars of water pressure
- Leaks are not going to be an issue with this hose – Lifetime Guarantee
- Manufactured by a company that stands by its product
- Highly durable brass fittings ensure water doesn’t leak out at the ends of the hose
- Perfect for smaller yards at 50 ft. length
- One of the most dependable 50 ft. hoses you can buy
The Flexi Hose is almost unanimously loved by everybody that uses it. The weight and flexibility of the Flexi Hose make it easy for anybody to use, plus it’s easy to store.
Although this is easily one of the best expanding hose 2019 has on the market, there are still some small complaints, but maybe not exclusively towards this brand. Such as is if it does happen to spring a leak, then there won’t be enough water pressure for the hose to extend fully. Another review claimed it was too short, but again, just buy a longer garden hose. Thankfully, Flexi Hose has a lifetime replacement guarantee, and they stand by that guarantee!
Flexi Hose is one of the best companies for garden hoses, and I absolutely love how steadfast they are in the products they make. It’s easy to use, easy to store, and seemingly lasts forever. If you’re looking for a 50-foot hose that is sure to last a long time, then you’re looking for the Flexi Hose.
Sometimes you need more than 50-feet of hose but you aren’t looking to double the size to a 100-ft hose. In those instances, a 75-foot hose is what you need; that’s why the Xpanda hose makes this list. Here are my favorite aspects of it.
- High-pressure hose creates strong water pressure
- Durability is what this hose is known for
- It comes with its own 10-setting spray nozzle!
- A 24-month warranty that J&B Lawn 100% stands by
- Strong brass fittings for added durability
- Triple-latex core is almost impervious to leaks
- Withstands up to 174 psi – 13 Bar water pressure
- Easily expands and quickly shrinks back down to original size
- Comes with a stylish carrying bag for easy storage and portability
A lot of consumers seem to use this for there terrace gardens. I’m not sure if this is just a coincidence or if that’s what it was designed for, but it does indicate that the hose is great for maneuvering around plants.
There is one noted weakness with this product from J&B Lawn, and that is that the spray nozzle has not been very durable per some reviews. Many people have noted that it can crack open when dropped.
Of course, you could say, “just don’t drop it” but let’s be honest, dropping things is just part of life. I’d recommend purchasing a separate spray nozzle to circumvent the issue if this becomes an issue since they are including it for free!
The Xpandahose is one of the most durable flexible hoses on the market today, and the water pressure it produces is phenomenal. It is unfortunate that the nozzle included with the hose leaks, but fortunately, there’s an easy fix for that. If you need a hose longer than 50-feet but less than 100, you can’t go wrong the Xpandahose.
Looking for a 100-foot expandable hose that includes a quality spray nozzle? Then, look no further than the Green Tec USA hose. The best part is, at the price point, it is practically a steal. It’s a high-quality, flexible hose, with a nine-pattern spray nozzle ranging from mist to jet stream.
- Already comes with a first-rate spray nozzle – and a Wall Bracket!
- Kink-free means no more fighting to straighten out the hose
- 1-year warranty from date of purchase
- 30-day risk-free guarantee
- Heavy-duty brass fittings
- A 100-foot hose that shrinks down to 33-feet and stores easily
- Hose, nozzle, and carrying bag included
- Can withstand high-pressures so it can be connected to a pressure washer
- Superior flexibility and unbelievably easy to maneuver
- Quickly expands to its maximum reach
- Drawstring bag for storage
The vast majority of users have glowing things to say about this hose with one reviewer saying, “getting hosed isn’t always bad”, It seems that people can’t say enough good things about this product.
There are some unfortunate aspects of this YoJuly garden hose, the most notable one being that it can’t be left outside in direct sunlight for long periods. Again, a standard precaution for any garden hose.
It’s nice when you’re able to find a product that already has everything you need to use it to its fullest extent. It’s even sweeter when they are high-quality, and that is why we included the YoJuly 100-foot hose to the list of top flexible water hoses. I would absolutely recommend this to those of you looking for an awesome deal on a quality product.
Expandable Water Hoses
It’s clear that expandable water hoses have become a hit with homeowners. They are easy to carry, and the fact that they expand and contract makes them very easy to store as well. However, this impressive innovation doesn’t come without a couple of down-sides.
Often times you’ll hear people maligning this type of water hose, saying it isn’t durable enough, or it leaks too easily. That is because you can’t treat them like an industrial hose, the material that allows it to expand and contract, requires that you take some extra precautions with this type of garden hose.
You should never leave these out in the sun, also, don’t have it out in frigid temperatures. Be careful when dragging it on rough surfaces, and don’t start using it until the hose is fully expanded. If you follow these rules and ensure the garden hose you purchase is made with high-quality material, you’ll be able to use them for years to come.
Ready to Trade-In Your “Gas Mower” – Check out the Best Electric Push Mowers on Amazon!
The best expandable hose, for me, is one of my all-time favorite innovations (that isn’t electronic). Sure, they do require you to baby them more than you would have to with your run of the mill garden hose, but they are so worth it.
The ability to get around the yard with ease is something I cherish, and the best collapsible hose options on the market offer that for me. Not to mention they are super easy to store. You can now get rid of that rusty eye-sore of a hose reel attached to your house. Many folks just drop their expandable hose into a decorative ceramic pot, located next to the faucet, and that’s it. No more winding your old garden hose up!
If you’re looking for a new hose, I would absolutely recommend getting an expandable one. If you’re still on the fence about which one to get, try our pick for editor’s choice. The Hospaip 50-foot hose; we’re sure you’ll love it.
Thanks for visiting BestHomeGear.Com and the best success with your Expandable Hose selection!
References & Additional Reading:
- Expandable Hose Repair Tips
- Which Type of Lawn Sprinkler is Best For Your Lawn?
- Which is the Best Gas Fire Pit Table To Buy?
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 3
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!